Dear Musicians and Parents,
Welcome back to another year of fine music with the Lakes Region Youth Orchestra. We look forward to your contribution in and support of our ensembles. We have many exciting plans for the year.
The first rehearsal of the season will be on Friday, September 6 at 4:00 PM in the Castleton Fine Arts Center. Repertory Strings will meet on that day at 3:35 PM in Room 108 at the Rutland Intermediate School. New members and students who would like to audition for group advancement may contact me at 802-773-1624 or email@example.com to schedule auditions on Thursday September 5 after 5:30 pm or on Friday September 6 after 3:30 pm at Castleton State College. Initial placement for the upcoming year will be in the ensemble in which you performed last year unless I spoke with you prior to the end of last season or you successfully auditioned to change groups in the Spring.
Our annual Kinhaven retreat will be held on Saturday September 7, beginning with rehearsals and a concurrent meeting for parents at 9:30 AM. Events on Saturday will finish with dinner following our informal afternoon program at 4:00 pm. Parents are invited to listen to an informal demonstration of the day's work at 11:00 AM for the Wind Ensemble and the Repertory Strings. Musicians who are staying overnight should be picked up by 11:00 AM Sunday. A schedule is attached and is available along with rehearsal dates as well as scheduled concerts and activities on our website. We look forward to a year of renewed friendship, musical challenge and exciting performance.
Dear LRYO students and families,
Our Lakes Region Youth Orchestra Fall season will be starting soon!
- First Rehearsal - The first rehearsal is Friday, September 6th. Please arrive between 3:30-3:45 PM for registration at CSC (except for Repertory Strings which meets at RIS).
- Student Registration - Included in your packet you will find a student Registration form for each of your children, pre-filled with our current information. Please review and return with your contract. You or your child may bring the forms to our first rehearsal.
- You can mail the completed forms to the office, or print a blank form from our website and mail it back to us.
- You or your child may bring the forms to our first rehearsal.
- Student Contract - Please complete one contract per LRYO student and bring it to the first rehearsal on September 7th. This form will also be available online to download, but it must be printed out and duly signed by the student and a parent. Please review the on-line Student Handbook.
- Tuition - Tuition rates remain the same. Tuition is $160 per semester for our younger groups (or $300 for both semesters if pre-paid by Kinhaven weekend) and $265 for those in the Symphony Orchestra (or $500 for both semesters if pre-paid by Kinhaven). Remember, tuition is due September 6th or 7th! If this is inconvenient, please make payment arrangements by September 7th or late fees can apply.
- Scholarships - You must notify us by September 13th if you plan to apply for Hayes Foundation or LRYO aid. Hayes Foundation "2013/2014 School Year Grant" applications will be available at www.thehayesfoundation.org. Parents are responsible for submitting fully completed applications directly to The Hayes Foundation by September 26th in order to be considered.. Hayes scholarships are available to Rutland County residents.
- Absences Policy - Remember, you must notify the LRYO Office of any absence, whether it is excused or unexcused. Notification is expected prior to the absence.
- Weekly Announcements - We do our best to send weekly rehearsal reminders, schedule updates and news of interest, as well as tuition reminders via e-mail. Please provide us with an e-mail address that you monitor (and allow mail from lryo.org in your spam filter). It is parents' responsibility to be alert for late-breaking announcements.
Feel free to contact Barb or Bob if you have any questions, and enjoy the remainder of your summer!
- The LRYO volunteers
Making Beautiful Music Since 1990!
Last modified: 08/15/13